Maintaining your Childs Teeth
Brush 2x per day, floss as much as possible
- once in the morning and once before bed, to avoid cavities
Avoid sugary drinks/food
- The sugar mixed with plaque creates an acidic environment in the mouth that could take up to 30mins to be neutralised by the ions in our saliva, hence eating too much sugar can increase the chances of tooth decay.
Take your child to the dentist by age 1
- This helps identify and prevent any early signs of decay
- Helps children get used to the dentist; the younger you start bringing your child to the dentist, the less they will fear it.
3 Reasons Why You Should Fix Baby Teeth
- Baby teeth assist in the development of a child’s speech
- Untreated baby teeth can have negitive effects on the development of permanent teeth
- A child’s smile affects their self esteem and confidence